Chicago Moves is a financial aid program that aims to provide financial relief for Chicago residents struggling with transportation expenses.
By applying to this program, you have the opportunity to receive a $150 Prepaid Gas Card or a $50 Prepaid Transit Card. Applications for the Chicago Moves will open on April 27, 2022, and cards will be distributed each month from May through September. The deadline for each lottery will be on the 1st of the month from May-September. If you are not selected in the month in which you applied, you will be automatically enrolled in the lottery for the next month
Chicago moves program
- Chicago Moves has decided to issue 50,000 prepaid gas cards of $150 and $100,000 prepaid transit cards of $50 to eligible residents across the city.
- The Transit Card can be used for public transportation purposes at Ventra Vending Machines located at CTA stations, at Ventra retail locations located across the city or to purchase fares digitally through the Ventra website or mobile app. Use of the Gas Card will be limited to the purchase of gas at pumps located at any filling station within the City of Chicago.
- 75% of these cards will give priority to residents of community areas that face high mobility difficulties.
- The remaining 25% of cards will be distributed to each ward in equal quantity across the city.
- Applications for the Chicago Moves will open on April 27, 2022, and cards will be distributed each month from May through September.
- The lottery will be held in the second week of May-September and in order to be considered for each month’s lottery, applications must be submitted by the first day of that month.
Chicago Moves card Application Eligibility
Before applying the application for the Chicago movie program, you must check out the eligibility criteria.
- Be a Chicago local.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Have a current and valid City sticker with the vehicle’s correct mailing address (only required for gas card applicants)
- Have a household income of less than 100 per cent of the Chicago Area Median Income.
How to Apply for Chicago moves application
There are three ways to apply for the Chicago Movie Card application which you can follow below.
1. Apply Online
Step 1: First of all, visit the official website Chicago.Gov/ChicagoMoves.
Step 2: Then select your assistance details, I am Applying for – Gas Card or Transit Card.
- You can select a gas card or transit card as you want
Step 3: Select “Mail to Me (Recommended Option)” and select the required option
Step 4: Enter applicant information, Primary Residence Address and household information in all the required fields.
Step 5: Then click on the Submit option after checking your details.
2. Apply by In-Person
Applicants can apply for the Chicago moves card application at any Chicago Public Library Location.
3. Apply by By mail
You can send a letter containing a completed application PDF form to this mail address.
ATTN: Dept. of Finance: Chicago Moves
121 N. LaSalle St., 7th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
How to download Chicago moves card application form?
To download the PDF form of the Chicago moves card application, you have to click on the download link. and the PDF Application is available in multi-languages.