Hello, today we are going to tell you about the blue badge application, eligibility or requirements and Apply for or renew a Blue Badge. so read the entire post.
What is a blue badge?
A blue badge sets you free from certain parking restrictions and access to designated parking spaces. Badges are for your use only. If someone else is picking you up or dropping you off, they’ll be able to use it, but you can’t lend it to someone to shop for you, for example. If you no longer need the badge, you must return it to the council.
Blue badge application Requirements
– You will need a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders.
– You will also need a photo or scan of your:
- Proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, passport or driving license)
- Proof of address (eg council tax bill or government letter)
- Proof of benefit (if you get any)
You also need to know:
- Your National Insurance Number (if you have one)
- Details of your current Blue Badge (if you are reapplying)
How to Apply for a Blue badge application?
- To apply for the blue badge application, you must visit the official website of https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge
- Then Scroll down the page and click on the ‘Start Now’ option.
- After that, Select Who are you applying for in the list – My self, Someone else and An organisation, and click on the Continues.
- Enter your Postal codes in the Box to Find your local council.
- If you choose the right council, then you will see the ‘Your issuing authority’. Click on the Continue option.
- Now complete the blue badge application form by filling the all required details such as your name, DOB, address and more.
- After that, click on click on the Submit or Apply button.
How to renew your Blue badge?
You can renew your blue badge from ‘https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge’, and click to start and enter all the required information in the form.
blue badge application fee
Blue badges cost up to £10 in England and £20 in Scotland. It’s free in Wales.
blue badge application phone number
If you cannot apply online you can call 0121 738 2656. you can use this number to renew your blue badge application.
How long does it take to get a Blue Badge?
It may take up to at least three months to process your application, depending on your council and whether you need further evaluation. You can ask through the call how long it is likely to take for you to apply.
Read More – How to apply for Chicago Moves Card Application?